Status: Seasonal positions available
Hourly: Commensurate with level of experience
Contact: Joe Taulbee | email@example.com
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food according to Kitchen Manager’s specification and to set up stations for menu. Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the Kitchen Manager with daily tasks. This position will assist all hospitality related food programs, including restaurant menu, and catering menus for banquets, events, and golf outings.
- Prepare all menu items according to RMS’ quality standards, specs, and timely delivery of food
- Maintain all food safety procedures and regulations, including proper knife skills and safety
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and abide by area health and personal hygiene standards
- Maintain a positive and cooperative teamwork environment.
- Have a full understanding of all tools available to do your job.
- Participate in any restaurant meetings and/or training sessions when conducted.
- Use good communication between floor and kitchen staff.
- Understand how you impact food cost, perform portion control to minimize waste
- Set up and clean work station according to RMS’ procedures including equipment, knives, shelving, and tables
- Maintain a clean work area including equipment, knives, shelving and tables
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Kitchen Manager or manager on duty
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance
Requirements and Skills
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Culinary school diploma